• Don't Forget--Spring Forward Sunday, March 10--Daylight Savings Time

• RBHS Graduation Friday, May 24th

• RBHS Prom Saturday, April 27 @ The Bistro

RBHS Softball Begins Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

RBHS Softball Begins Season

Gina Phegley

Gina Phegley

Gina Phegley

Amber Mollet, Staff Writer

The Red Bud Lady Musketeers started off their season on Thursday, March 14 at home against the Marissa Meteors. To start off the game, the lady Meteors jumped ahead in the first inning by scoring 3 runs. Marissa continued to score throughout the first 4 innings. In the fourth inning, the lady Musketeers scored 2 runs with a hit from Allen, Todaro, and Cowell and an RBI from Mollet. Unfortunately, the Musketeers were unable to recover from the lead the Meteors had on them, and the game ended with a score of 2-17.

Cowell was 2/2; Allen 1/1; Todaro 1/2

Salger pitched 1 inning allowing six hits and two walks with two strikeouts, Amann pitched 4 innings allowing 5 hits and no walks, and Durbin pitched the last inning allowing no hits and no walks.

On Friday, March 15, The Red Bud Lady Musketeers faced the Elverado Lady Falcons at home. The Falcons jumped ahead by scoring 3 runs in the first inning, and added two more in the second inning to take a 5-0 lead. The Musketeers started their comeback in the fourth inning when Salger had an RBI triple scoring Allen. In the fifth inning, the Musketeers put three more runs on the board with a walk by Montroy, a double from Lucht, a single by Amann, and an RBI by Cowell. The Musketeers continued their comeback in the bottom of the sixth, starting off with a leadoff triple by Allen, and base hits by Guebert, Stengel, and Todaro. The Musketeers captured their first win of the year in the seventh inning, breaking the tie with a final score of 8-7.

Todaro and Roy went 2/4; Lucht 1/1; Stengel 1/2; Guebert and Salger 1/3; Amann and Allen 1/4.

Schrader pitched six innings allowing seven hits and three walks with seven strikeouts, Durbin pitched one inning allowing one hit and no walks with one strikeout.

On Saturday, March 16, the Lady Musketeers had a double header in Pinckneyville. The first game, Red Bud faced the Pinckneyville lady Panthers and jumped on top, scoring two runs in the first inning with base hits by Cowell, Roy and a double by Allen.The Musketeers continued to score another run in the third inning, and five more in the fifth. The Lady Red Bud Musketeers were unable to keep their lead and ended up taking the loss with a final score of 8-18.

Allen went 2/3 with a double and a home run; Amann, Roy, and Cowell all went 2/3; Todaro 1/3; Stengel 1/2.

Durbin pitched 1.1 innings allowing seven hits and four walks; Salger pitched 3 innings allowing eleven hits and three walks with one strikeout.

The second game, the lady Musketeers faced the Mater Dei Lady Knights. The Musketeers were on the board in the first inning after scoring 2 runs with a walk from Cowell and a home run by Roy. The lady Knights battled back by scoring six runs in the bottom of the first inning. The Lady Musketeers plated three more runs in the second inning, and one in the third, but fell short taking the loss of 6-16 in the fifth inning.

Mollet and Roy went 2/3; Amann and Cowell 1/2; Sievers 1/1

Amann pitched 2 innings allowing eight hits and no walks; Durbin pitched 2.2 innings allowing four hits and one walk with two strikeouts.

Next week The Red Bud Lady Musketeers are scheduled to Travel to Granite City on Monday, March 18, Travel to Lebanon on Tuesday, March 19, Travel to Belleville Althoff on Wednesday March 20, Host Steeleville on Thursday, March 21, Travel to Sparta on Friday, March 22, and then finish off the week by traveling to Alton-Marquette on Saturday, March 23.