Introducing Mrs. Avise-Rouse

Back to Article
Back to Article

Introducing Mrs. Avise-Rouse

R. Pipher, Special Contributor

We will be highlighting our new teachers at RBHS this week. Hopefully this will give you a little insight into them. Please be sure to welcome each of our new teachers to the Musketeer family.

Our first teacher is Mrs. Nicole Avise-Rouse. She will be teaching English at RBHS. Here is Mrs. Avise-Rouse in her words:

For the last eight years I have taught English Language Arts to grades 4 through 8 at St. John’s Catholic School in Red Bud. Teaching is a second career for me as I previously had worked in the communications field, in capacities such as assistant news director at a radio station, editor of a travel magazine, public relations for a local community, and working with the communications director at the Internal Revenue Service.

In my free time I love reading, crafting, music, and spending time with my family and dog. I have two sons who both are now off to college, so my husband and I are empty nesters for the first time.
I love reading so much that it has become my passion in education. I enjoy helping students learn to read and then watching them find a genre or author that becomes important to them. My favorite author in YA books is Alan Gratz. I have a secret love of Stephen King books, as I have been reading them since I was a teenager. I consider it my bad habit.

I am looking forward to so much at RBHS. It was always my desire to teach high school English, so I am looking forward to that change. I am also looking forward to teaching students that I had in grade school and to see how much they have grown and changed.
#redbud132 #redbudhs