• Girls' Basketball Begins--Sparta Tourney Nov. 12-17

• Deer Friday--Friday, Nov. 16

• Thanksgiving Break -- November 22 & 23

Colleges Offering Preview Days

SIU

Southern Illinois University is hosting its SIU Open House on the following dates: October 13, November 10, 2018, and February 18, April 19, July 26, 2019. Prospective students and parents are invited to learn about academic programs, scholarships, and student services, as well as tour campus. For more information and registration, visit www.visit.siu.edu.

SEMO

Southeast Missouri State University is hosting its Show Me Day on the following dates: October 6, November 10, & November 12, 2018, and February 16, 18, & March 23, 2019. This is a great opportunity to get on campus and learn about the many programs and services available at SEMO. For more information and registration, visit www.semo.edu/visit or contact the admissions office at 573-651-2590 or [email protected]

UMSL

The University of Missouri-St. Louis is hosting its UMSL Day on November 17, 2018, and March 2, 2019. Get to know UMSL’s beautiful 470-acre campus, including lots of green space, plenty of coffee and study spots, and four brand new buildings. Tour the Recreation & Wellness Center, Science & Learning Building, and Anheuser-Busch Hall, which is the home of the College of Business Administration. Learn more at www.umslday.com or call 888-GO-2-UMSL.

University of Illinois Springfield

University of Illinois Springfield is hosting its Preview Days on the following Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: October 13 & November 3, 2018, January 19, March 2, & April 27, 2019. Preview Days include an overview of UIS, student and parent panels, campus tours, and the opportunity to meet with representatives of academic programs and students services. Learn more at www.uis.edu.

The School of the Art Institute of Chicago

The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) invites potential students and parents to SAIC Days 2018. The program will be offered at the Contemporary Art Museum in St. Louis on October 7, 2018, from 12-3:00 p.m. Students are encouraged to bring their portfolios or documented artwork, sketchbooks, zines, or digital media for an extended discussion with admissions counselors and SAIC faculty about preparing their portfolios for admission and merit scholarship consideration. Learn more and register online at www.saic.edu/ugevents.

Quincy University

An admissions counselor from Quincy University in Quincy, IL, will be at Red Bud High School during advisory on October 15, 2018. Any student interested in learning about Quincy and its enrollment process should sign up in the office or email Mrs. Jokerst at [email protected]www.quincy.edu

State Technical College of Missouri

State Technical College of Missouri is hosting its “State Tech Open House” in October. State Tech Open House provides students and family members the opportunity to visit the main campus in Linn, MO on Saturday, October 13, and the Advanced Manufacturing Technician program in St. Charles, MO, on Friday, October 5, 2018. Interact with current students, alumni, and faculty, and see the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. Placement testing will be offered at the Open House event on the main campus in Linn. Students interested in testing must sign up in advance and will be required to bring the $20 test fee and photo ID. Visit https://www.statetechmo.edu/events/open-house-main-campus/ to learn more and register online.

State Technical College of Missouri: Junior Preview Day

Juniors are invited to Junior Preview Day at State Technical College of Missouri on March 8, 2019. Students will tour campus, enjoy a free lunch, and learn about State Tech programs and opportunities. One State Tech tuition waiver will be given to one lucky participant. Space is limited, so register early! Learn more and register online at https://statetechmo.edu/events/juniorday/; deadline to register is March 1 or until full.

Western Illinois University

Western Illinois University’s Colleges of Arts & Sciences is hosting a “College Day” on October 26, 2018. Prospective students and families are invited to attend classes in multiple subjects, take a campus tour, meet faculty and students, and learn how to launch their careers. Lunch will be provided for all attendees; any student who attends will receive a free WIU t-shirt and coupons to the WIU bookstore. Learn more and register online at www.goo.gl/fwfT31.

The University of Tulsa

The University of Tulsa is hosting “TU Up Close” for high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors on October 18, 2018. Participants will tour campus, attend academic interest sessions, visit with professors, eat lunch with current TU students, meet your admission counselor, attend special interest sessions, and learn about financial aid and scholarships. Learn more and register online at https://admission.utulsa.edu/visit-campus/tu-up-close/.