Science Club Update

Science Club Update

New events are taking place in the Science Club at RBHS. Today, February 28th, Mr. Magee hosted the first Science Club meeting of this semester. Many events have been discussed, and some are already definite.

• This Friday, March 2nd, is a scheduled Adopt-A-Highway for interested members. Adopt-A-Highway is picking up trash on the side of West Market Street for about one hour, and a science club member must complete at least one to be able to attend field trips. It is scheduled to take place around 11:30, and usually groups of two or three get each section of this highway.
  • There is a Six Flags field trip scheduled for Friday, April 27th. This field trip is meant to be a math/science day; therefore, students attending will need to do some math and/or science given to them by their teachers. There will be a speaker discussing the manufacturing of Six Flags rides relating to science, and a contest of some sort. This trip will be from the opening of Six Flags to 1:15, and it will cost $30. The $30 will cover an individual ticket, and parking for the bus. Additional money will need to be brought for lunch, and a student may NOT attend if they have any F’s, at teacher discretion, or more than seven absences.
  • Science Club T-Shirts are now being signed up for and they will soon be purchased for $7.
  • The Science Club is considering watching eagles nearby when the temperature gets nicer.
  • Stargazing is also a possibility, which would take place at the high school. There are not many details on these events yet because they are still in consideration.
  • Next week Tuesday-Friday the Home Run Derby will be in action. It’s $1 per turn, with 10 swings for each turn, and there is a limit of 5 turns.
  • Towards the end of the year, after finals, will be the Float Trip, which the Science Club pays for entirely. The date is still to be determined, and a student must have five workdays and 1 Adopt-A-Highway in order to attend.

More events in Science Club are to be determined at a later time.